Tuesday 28th June 2016.
Dear Parents / Carers,
If the weather turns out as forecast today and tomorrow, we will be unable to both practice and the hold our Sports Day planned for Wednesday.
In anticipation of this and to give as much notice as possible, we have decided to cancel tomorrow’s Sports Day (we would need to set up the bases and cannot do this in the rain nor risk all of the equipment getting it wet and making it dangerous for the children).
Plan B is to hold a practice on Thursday morning and then to run Sports Day on Thursday afternoon starting at 1.15pm. This is, of course, subject to good (dry) weather which is currently the case according to the BBC during the school day.
I apologise for any inconvenience but hope that you appreciate the early notice in case of having to take time off work or if you have to make other arrangements.
Fingers crossed for Thursday!